lördag 12 april 2014

Happy ~ Donna Salazar

I simply fell in love with this months Girlie Grunge Sketch-n-color - a fabulous sketch by Mistra and amazing colors to go with it, I had so much fun creating my layout!
 
Come visit us at Donna's Ning-site and the fantastic gallery there! If you create something using our Girlie Grunge Sketch-n-color, do upload it into the gallery so we all can admire it!

 
I flipped the sketch 90 degrees:
 
 
Before I show you close-ups, I want to share how I did the background on this page, using a brick stencil from Want2Scrap and Donna's with Mixed Media Inx in the colors of this month: Pewter, Peridot and Patina.
 
I started with three papers from GCD Studios & Donna's, the Natural Beauty Collection and the Family Jeans collection. In the bottom I have Blue Fence from Natural Beauty, then Casual Elegance also from Natural Beauty (used a border punsch for this one) and finally Heirloom from Family Jeans.
 
After gluing the papers as shown below, I painted with some white gesso using a sponge, just a thin layer. Then I used a brick stencil from Want2Scrap & Donna's with texture paste. 

 
After the paste had dried I took out my Mix'd Media Inx, colors Pewter, Peridot and Patina. The Colorbox tool is perfect to use when working with these inks!
 
 
I started painting on topp of the bricks and gesso, using the darkest color, Patina, first. When painting I use circular moves and then let the ink fade out. I didn't care too much about how it turned out in the middle, since I already knew I was going to have a piece of paper covering this spot.
 
 
I then repeated with the Pewter ink, trying to let the gray melt into the dark blue.
 
 
I finished the background with the Periodot color, using the same technique as before:
 
 
Amazing colors together!
 
Then I added a piece of paper, Family cards, from the Family Jeans collection, a piece of cheesecloth and my photos (these are of my darling nephew, Malte. Isn't he just adorable?!).
 
 
The title, Happy, I cut out from the 12x12 pad image sheet, Family Jeans collection.

 
The brick background peeks out behind the wood paper. Bricks and wood - gives a rustic yet romantic feel!

 
I made two flowers using Spellbinders Rose Creations dies and Heirloom paper from the Family Jeans collection. I have distressed the edges of each flower layer, sprayed some Smooch Spritz, River Mossy, and then painted the edges with a bit of gesso.

 
A couple of close-ups from different angles:


 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
xoxo
Helena
 
 
Products used:
 
Paper
 
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Blue Fence
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Natural Beauty collection, Casual Elegance
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, Heirloom
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, Family Cards
GCD Studios: Donna Salazar - Family Jeans collection, 12x12 pad image sheet
 
Stencil
 
Want2Scrap: Donna Salazar - Bricks (small)
 
Inks
 
Mix'd Media Inx - Pewter
Mix'd Media Inx - Peridot
Mix'd Media Inx - Patina
Smooch Spritz - River Mossy
 
Dies
 
Spellbinders: Donna Salazar - Rose Creations
 
Other
 
Gesso and texture paste
Flowers from Petaloo and Prima
Chipboard from Dusty Attic
Cheesecloth
 
 
 
 

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar